The community is invited to participate in monthly book discussions at the Snyder County Libraries. The library will host a morning discussion on the second Tuesday of every month at 10 AM at the Gelnett Library, Selinsgrove and an evening discussion on the third Thursday of every month at 6:45 PM in the Middleburg Community Room. Each month a new book will be discussed.
A monthly book list will be published in the Selinsgrove Library, in the Daily Item, as well as here. This program is free and open to the public. For more information please contact the Selinsgrove Library at 570-374-7163.
If you buy your books on-line, please remember that Amazon donates to the Snyder County Libraries about 7.5 percent of any purchase if you go through this link.
The Morning Book Discussion Group meets at 10am at Gelnett Library
- December 12, 2017: A Man Called Ove, by Frederik Backman
- January 9, 2018: Etched in Sand: A True Story of Five Siblings Who Survived an Unspeakable Childhood on Long Island, by Regina Calcaterra
- February 13, 2018: The People of the Broken Neck, by Silas Dent Zobal
- March 13, 2018: Heat and Light, by Jennifer Haigh
- April 10, 2018: Founding Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation, by Joseph J. Ellis
- May 8, 2018: The Marriage of Opposites, by Alice Hoffman
- June 12, 2018: Choose books for 2018/2019
The Evening Book Discussion Group meets at 6:45 pm at Middleburg Borough Building
- December, TBD (at Michele Mitchell’s house): The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri
- January 18, 2018: Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson
- February 15, 2018: A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- March 15, 2018: H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald
- April 19, 2018: The Telling Room by Michael Paterniti
- May 17, 2018: Ghosts in the Garden by Beth Kephart
- June 21, 2018: Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- June 21, 2018: Selection Night for Next Years Books